Fuse is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, based in Northampton. We help organisations of all sizes to maximise IT efficiencies through the use of Microsoft cloud computing solutions.
How to enable indexing of Office Document keywords in MOSS / SharePoint
- Go to the SSP admin site
- Go to Metadata Properties in Search Administration
- Find the Property Name “DocKeywords”
- Click on Office:5(Text) which should appear in the same row
- Tick “Include values for this property in the search index”
- Click OK
- I think a full index will need to run before documents begin to show up
That's it, or at least I think that's it. I tried so many things before these steps that I can't be sure it wasn't a combination of things. All I know is that if I untick that box and reindex it stops working. So I'm fairly confident this is the key. Happy days.
Latest Blog Posts