Fuse is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, based in Northampton. We help organisations of all sizes to maximise IT efficiencies through the use of Microsoft cloud computing solutions.
What Infrastructure Migration Looks Like with Fuse
It's harder to consider a move to Azure if your current IT solution is working for you.
If your current solution is not broken and your business doesn't seem to be at risk, it makes the prospect of migrating even more frustrating.
With the right approach, there are great opportunities to introduce Azure without overhauling your current infrastructure; you can see what makes sense today, and build a roadmap for where your IT infrastructure is headed.
We could list great things about Azure, but they wouldn't necessarily address why Azure is great for you.
So we're flipping the script. Instead of talking about Azure, we're going to talk about you. When working with any client, we follow these 6 steps to create your best and most secure IT infrastructure solution.
- Assess: We examine and observe your infrastructure for usage, applications, file-types, data management, dependencies, and security. We use this period to understand what you have, how you use it, and what needs to be protected. We don't look at your private information, just usage.
- Analyse: We go over the data and analyse it, looking for patterns of usage, dependencies between servers, and security risks. Where can we make your data more secure and use the cloud to help your workflow run more smoothly? We then model your environment to examine which options are the most efficient, cost-effective, and forward thinking.
- Review: Once we have a complete analysis, we come back to you and walk through our findings. We discuss our discoveries and answer any questions you have. It's important to review your data and plans to see if there are any differences between original ideas and immediate needs. From there we can identify the options you are most comfortable with pursuing, build, and right-size that solution. Finally, we examine which services are right for you now and which will help you once you're in the cloud.
- Plan: Some people think this is the hard part, but we make it easy. With all that assessment data and teamwork, this step is about finding the easiest and safest way to migrate your applications. We work together to create the least disruptive plan to secure, protect, and migrate your workloads over an agreed-upon timeline.
- Protect: We provision the hardware, replicate your applications, make sure everything is secure and nothing will be compromised by the move.
- Migrate: We made it! We use our plan to migrate, check that everything is in working order and secure, and begin your automated or managed services.
In short, our goal is about making the process make sense for you, every step of the way. We don't believe in one-size-fits-all; we believe in the value of unique solutions.
As migration and managed service experts, we can help make Azure part of your next IT solution.
Ask questions, say hello, or request an assessment by contacting us!
Latest Blog Posts