Fuse is committed to ensuring that businesses similar to Impact have proactive support that ensures devices and applications are kept up-to-date and secure. We also empower your employees so that when problems occur they have the understanding to be able to fix the issue themselves, while Fuse’s team engineers a process to make sure that the problem cannot reoccur.
About Impact Recruitment
Founded in 2002, Impact Recruitment Services prides itself on being different from other agencies. The company lives by its core principles every day, ensuring that every client and candidate experience is positive and consistent with the Impact values. Impact supplies permanent and technical staff to the commercial, industrial, supply chain and technical and engineering sectors and is a rapidly growing business, with turnover increasingly rapidly thanks to the securing of two major new clients. Impact has two main offices in Northampton and Wellingborough, and has account managers embedded with a number of major clients.
Over a period of time Impact’s IT infrastructure and support provision had fallen below the standards required by an expanding and busy multi-site company.
Here were some of the issues they had.
- Traditional on-premises server model
- Computers updated infrequently
- No consistency in what versions of packages were being used by whom
Access to documents
- Off-site access via VPN connection
- Slow and unreliable
- Often required using multiple devices, flash drives, email, etc
- Increased time and reduced efficiency
- Technical staff required on site to resolve issues
- Loss of productivity while waiting for solutions
- Could provoke vicious circle of further issues, then further work, then further issues, and so on
Fuse’s team worked with Impact’s management to build a sustainable plan within a timeframe that introduced a consistent and secure platform for the business to work from, with fully aligned and up-to-date operating systems and identities
- Interrogation of previous provision
- Assessment of priorities
- Investigation of server and existing licences
- Stripped out licences which were paid for but not needed
- Frees up investment for other areas
- Office 365 upgraded to Microsoft 365, giving Impact more relevant apps and software
- Migration of files from server to SharePoint
- All users migrated to OneDrive to access their documents from the cloud
- Once all users migrated onto the cloud the server was de-commissioned
- Saved employee hours due to less time needed to access and transfer documents
- Access to documents whenever and wherever employees need them via a single sign-on, plus editing by multiple users in real time
- Better data security for confidential information and full GDPR compliance
- All users now have the same packages and apps, reducing training time for new employees and streamlining processes within the office
- Remote support from Fuse's technical experts, reducing time to resolve any IT issues that may arise
We completely made the right decision to work with Fuse Collaboration Services. Their team has been brilliant, and Andy’s knowledge base was excellent.Neil Kitchener, Managing Director, Impact Recruitment Services
It has been a massive improvement on what we had previously, and the cloud storage and data management packages that Fuse has tailored for us is something which should be adopted by SMEs similar in size to ourselves.
I would wholeheartedly recommend working with Fuse, and that you have a conversation with them sooner rather than later!