Fuse is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, based in Northampton. We help organisations of all sizes to maximise IT efficiencies through the use of Microsoft cloud computing solutions.
Windows 11: Everything You Need to Know About Microsoft’s Latest Update
The phased rollout of the Microsoft Windows 11 operating system is well underway, with many users already being invited to upgrade from their existing platform. As there is no new Windows 11 release date as such – businesses may not be invited to update their systems until mid-2022 – it makes sense to be prepared, so you can make the transition to the latest incarnation of Microsoft’s leading operating system smoothly and with minimal disruption to your operations.
Windows 10 has been the mainstay for millions of businesses since its release in 2015, so what are the main issues of which IT managers should be aware?
The New Windows 11: The Headlines
- Windows 11 is available for free for business and personal users.
- Users of Windows 10 need not fear - Windows 11 retains most of the tools and features of its predecessor, with a set of valuable new tools and a redesigned appearance for increased productivity in traditional and hybrid work environments.
- During the upgrade to Windows 11, all existing business files and documents will be safe, so your business shouldn’t lose any data. However, regular backups are strongly recommended to prevent the accidental loss of key files, so make sure this is completed before commencing the update process.
- Support for Windows 10 will continue until 2025.
Windows 11: The Key Features Every Business Should Know About
So, What Is New For Businesses In Microsoft Windows 11?
Customise the desktop for an improved user experience.
- Snap layouts/grids: Customise the size of the apps on the desktop, with apps grouped more effectively and an improved ability to switch between apps for multitasking.
- Start menu customisation: Pin or unpin apps to the Start menu according to your needs and duplicate the menu to devices across your organisation for a consistent appearance and user experience.
- Taskbar customisation: Pin or unpin apps or widgets (stock prices, calendar, news etc) to the newly designed central taskbar for easy access and switching. Note that the taskbar cannot be displayed vertically as Windows 10 allowed.
Robust New Security Features To Protect Your Business.
- Windows Security: In-built to the operating system, Windows Security is an easy-to-use interface which features essential tools to safeguard your business, including firewall and network protection, virus protection, and account protection.
- Security baselines: Pre-configured security settings are ready for deployment across all your organisation’s devices.
- Defender antivirus: Another built-in feature, Microsoft Defender uses next-generation security to deliver robust protection. When combined with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, you can benefit from endpoint protection and response. Endpoint Manager users can create policies that are based on threat levels.
Ready To Transition To Windows 11? Speak To Fuse Collaboration For Professional Support
If you wish to enjoy the latest Windows functionality combined with cutting-edge tools and workability, speak to the experts at Fuse Collaboration today.
As a certified Microsoft Gold Partner, we are proven to have achieved the highest standards of quality and service, and we are ready to support you with your business’s transition to Windows 11. For more information, please call us today on 01604 422142 or send us a message to find out more.
Image Source: Unsplash
Latest Blog Posts