12 Brookfield, Duncan Close,
Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) is an Azure delivered solution that provides users with a complete Windows desktop environment on any device, in any location. All that's needed is an internet connection - the rest is taken care of by Fuse.
Windows Virtual Desktop helps:
- Employees stay as productive with a virtualized experience on a PC, phone, tablet, or browser as they are with a physical PC sitting right in front of them
- Simplify management, provisioning, and access to corporate data and apps
- Migrations to the cloud
- Reduce the costs and resources associated with managing on-premises infrastructure
- Empower IT to transform the workplace
Virtualisation helps companies address address specific business needs:
- More secure access to data/organisational resources
- Compliance with industry regulations (i.e. financial, healthcare, government)
- An increasingly elastic workforce (i.e. mergers/acquisitions, short-term employees, contractor/partner access)
- Employee-specific needs (i.e. BYOD or mobile staff, call centres, branch workers)
- Specialised workloads (i.e. design/engineering, legacy apps, software dev test)
Customers with Microsoft 365 already have WVD usage rights - all that's needed in addition is Azure infrastructure services to run the desktops on - we can have you up and running in hours!
More secure, productive virtual desktop experience on Azure with Microsoft 365
Deploy a complete, intelligent solution that enhances creativity and collaboration for everyone. Shift to Microsoft 365 and get Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security. Work from anywhere, with full voice and video integration.
Delivers the only multi-session Windows 10 experience
Provide your users with the only multi-session Windows 10 experience virtualized in the cloud that’s highly scalable, always up to date, and available on any device.
- Multi-session and single-session Windows 10
- Store and legacy app remoting
- Free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates
Enable optimisations for Office 365 ProPlus
Delivers the best Office 365 ProPlus experience with multi-session virtual scenarios to provide the most productive virtualised experience to your users.
- Office 365 containers make Office more performant in a multi-session environment including Outlook and OneDrive for Business support.
- Profile containers enable faster and more performant experience in non-persistent environments.
Migrate existing Windows Server (RDS) desktops and apps
Migrate your Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment for Windows Server desktops and apps with a simplified infrastructure management and deployment experience on Azure.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and Remote Desktop Services 2012R2 and newer
- App compatibility for existing Windows Server images used on-prem
Deploy and scale in minutes
Quickly virtualize and deploy modern and legacy desktop app experiences in minutes with unified management in the Azure portal.
- Azure has datacenters available in 54 regions, and 140 countries.
- Azure management portal for Windows Virtual Desktop
- Built in security and compliance (Windows & Azure)
Only pay for what you use
Desktops are only charged for while they are running - VMs can be stopped overnight, at weekends, and automatically scaled down during periods of low usage.
- Need a powerful machine once a month to run that monster spreadsheet? Pay a few pounds to run it for an hour or two, then switch it off once completed.
- Running expensive laptops to work on CAD drawings? Let Azure do the hard work - VMs scale far bigger than the most powerful workstations available, you only pay for them while they are running, and there's no chance of spilling coffee on them!
Book a Virtual Desktop Consultation
Have an initial discussion about your Virtual Desktop requirements with an infrastructure engineer...
Fuse Provide a complete solution for Windows Virtual Desktop
Whatever stage of deployment you are at, Fuse can provide all you need for a complete Windows Virtual Desktop solution:
- Licensing for Microsoft 365 Business/Enterprise, providing the required Windows and Office licences*
- An Azure subscription, connected to your corporate Active Directory, or existing Office 365 subscription, for integrated identity and security management.
- Connections to your existing data, applications, databases and systems - wherever they are located.
- A Windows desktop that runs your user applications, in an environment that they are used to - as Windows 7/10 or Server 2012/2016
- Data migrations to Azure, if required.
- Printer and scanner support.
- Integration with voice/video for Teams/Skype for Business, and other VOIP solutions.
- Full support for the solution deployment and any integrations needed.
- Post implementation, ongoing support for Azure infrastructure, users and applications.
What do users need to Access Windows Virtual Desktop?
- A Microsoft licence with VDA rights - Microsoft 365 or Windows 10 Enterprise are the most common
- An Azure Active Directory Account, also known as a Microsoft Work Account - if they have Office 365, they have one of these.
- A device with a modern browser - e.g. Chrome, Edge or Firefox.
- A URL - https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/
Users can be up and running in minutes, making this an ideal solution for disaster recovery contingency - you only pay for the infrastructure while it's in-use.
Which clients are available?
Although the full desktop experience is possible in a browser, for some functionality, e.g. printer and voice/video integration, a rich client is required:
- For Windows and MacOS based clients, there is a WVD client available for download and deployment via group policy/Intune/SCCM. This is integrated with Azure Active Directory, and provides single-sign-on capabilities.
- The Windows store remote desktop app also provides hardware integration.
- For Android clients, there is a WVD app in the Google play store.
- For iOS, there is a WVD app in the Apple app store.
- Note: because WVD on Azure does not use the share a gateway protocol with Remote Desktop Services, the built-in Windows RDS client cannot be used.
Is this a secure solution?
Virtual desktops represent one of the most secure ways of enabling users to work remotely:
- The desktop itself runs within the Azure datacenters, which are some of the most secure locations on the planet
- The initial authentication occurs with Azure active directory, which is Microsoft's most secure authentication system. It can be enhanced with multi-factor authentication and conditional access.
- The user authenticates with their nearest regional gateway (for speed), however the location of the desktop infrastructure is specified by you - e.g. UK, Europe, US, Japan...
- All data in Azure is encrypted in transit and at rest.
*Customers can access Windows Virtual Desktop from their non-Windows Pro endpoints if they have a Microsoft 365 E3/E5/F1, Microsoft 365 A3/A5 or Windows 10 VDA per user license.
12 Brookfield, Duncan Close,